An eStatement is an electronic version of your checking and savings account statements. eStatements are NOT sent to you through the Internet; they are stored on a secure server, and we notify you via e-mail when your statement is ready. You then log into a secure website to view your eStatement and images of your cancelled checks. You have the option to save and/or print your statement and/or check images.
2. What are the benefits of switching to eStatements?By making the switch to eStatements, you can: • Access your financial information 24 hours a day from anywhere you have access to the Internet. • Reduce the risk of mail fraud and identity theft that comes with paper delivery. • Get organized and reduce the clutter of paper statements. • Help to protect the environment.
3. Will my eStatement look the same as my regular printed statement?
Yes, your eStatement is just the same as your paper statement and is considered an official document. It contains all the information that is included on your paper statements, but includes the added convenience of images of your cancelled checks.
4. Are eStatements secure?
With eStatements, your personal and financial information are protected on a secure server, and the information can only be accessed with the authorized Login ID and password. When you are ready to leave the secure site, always click the Log Out button to end your session.
5. How do I know if I am on a secure site?
An encrypted protocol called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is used to access secure web pages. These pages use the prefix HTTPS, while regular web pages use HTTP. For example, when you view your eStatements you are viewing them from a secure site https://www.internet-estatements.com/westamerica/index.asp. (Note: StarConnect Plus and Onsite Banker Plus customers must log into their secure Internet banking site to access statements.) The HTTPS prefix shows that the page you are viewing was encrypted before being transmitted over the Internet. Encryption makes it very difficult for unauthorized people to view information traveling between computers, according to VeriSign Trust Network, a certificate authority trusted for verifying the identity of websites.
6. If I have StarConnect Plus Internet Banking, do I need to remember another ID and password to get eStatements?
No, StarConnect Plus customers will log into Internet Banking using their existing ID and password, then simply click on eStatements in the main menu. Of course, you’ll also be able to use all the other StarConnect functions you’re used to.
7. How do I view my eStatements?
After logging in, you will make a selection from:
• A list of your enrolled checking and/or savings accounts for which eStatements are available.
• If applicable, a list of Unviewed Documents available to be viewed for the first time. After you view a document listed in your Unviewed Documents area, the link no longer appears under Unviewed Documents, however, you can still access the document from your list of accounts.
8. Should I log out of eStatements when I’m done with them?
Yes, when you are ready to leave the secure site, always click on the Log Out button to end your session.
9. What are the hardware and software requirements for eStatements?
To receive and review disclosures electronically, and to view, download, and/or print eStatements, you will need a computer and a working connection to the Internet. You will need Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, Netscape 6.1 or higher, or any version of Mozilla. You will also need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5.0 or higher; if you do not have it, you can download Adobe Reader for free.
10. How long will my eStatements be available for me to view?
Your eStatements are available to you for two years. For example, if your first eStatement is for the month of December 2008, you can continue to view it and any check images until December 2010. Each eStatement after your first will increase the “history” of statements available to be viewed, until 24 months of statements have accumulated. (Of course, you may choose to save your eStatements on your own computer system and store those files for as long as you like.) Printed statements you received prior to switching to eStatements are not available to be viewed.
11. How will I know when a new eStatement is available?
We will send you an e-mail at the close of each statement cycle to let you know that your current statement is ready. This will usually occur the day after your statement cuts off. If you prefer NOT to receive an e-mail notice when your statement is ready, go to eStatements User Preferences to update your Delivery Options.
12. If I enroll a joint account in eStatements, will the other owner receive an e-mail notice when our statement is ready for viewing?
Each customer who enrolls in eStatements will receive an e-mail notice when a statement is ready. If you prefer NOT to receive an e-mail notice when your statement is ready, go to eStatements User Preferences to update your Delivery Options.
13. What if I change my e-mail address?
You’ll be able to update your e-mail address by going to eStatements User Preferences, however, if you’re a StarConnect Plus customer, you must instead update your StarConnect User Options. But even if you forget, and the Bank sends the e-mail notice to the old address, you can still login and view your statement.
14. If I sign up for eStatements, will I still receive my paper statements?
We discontinue your paper statements when you switch to eStatements. You can view, save, and print your eStatements at anytime, and they are legally the same as a paper version sent by us. If you have additional needs, please contact us.
15. If I enroll a joint account in eStatements, will the other owner continue to receive paper statements?
No. We discontinue paper statements when you switch to eStatements. The other account holder may also enroll in eStatements, and you will both be able to view them online.
16. Can I save and/or print my eStatements?
Yes. Your eStatements are stored on our secure server, but if you choose, you may save a copy on your own system, or print them. While viewing your eStatement, simply click on the “save” icon in the Acrobat Reader toolbar located immediately above the statement, and indicate the path and filename of your choosing. If you wish to print your eStatement, click on the Acrobat Reader “print” icon.
17. What if I need a statement that is not listed in eStatements?
You can always request a copy of older statements by calling our Customer Service Department anytime at 1-800-848-1088. Certain fees may apply to these paper copies; see our current Schedule of Fees and Charges.
18. Can I save and/or print my check images?
Yes. Your check images are stored on our secure server, but if you choose, you may save a copy on your own system, or print them. To save pages of check images, click on Paged Check Images, click on the PDF button on the far right side above the page of images, then click on the “save” icon in the Acrobat Reader toolbar located immediately above the resulting page of images and indicate the path and filename of your choosing. To print pages of check images from the Paged Check Images View, click on the Print button in the center of the toolbar located immediately above the page of images. You can also print pages of check images after clicking on the PDF button, by clicking on the Acrobat Reader “print” icon.
19. What is the PDF button for?
The PDF (Portable Document Format) button appears when you view pages of check images. Clicking the PDF button creates a similar display of check images on your monitor, but these pages are in a format that allows you to save and/or print them using Adobe Acrobat Reader (see related questions above).
20. What if I want to cancel eStatements and switch back to paper?
To resume receiving your paper statements in the mail, simply contact us.
21. What if I forget my Login ID and/or password?
Just call us at 1-800-829-8629, extension 51.
22. Will I still be able to view my eStatements if I close my account?
You will be able view your eStatements for 90 days after your account closes. We suggest that you either save your statements in a secure manner or print them for future reference.
23. What if I have other questions?
Please call us at 1-800-829-8629, extension 51.