Westamerica Bancorporation and its affiliates (collectively “Westamerica”), work diligently to safeguard the privacy and maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. This Online Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information when you use our websites, mobile app, or other online services (“Services”).
Our Services are intended for use by individuals over the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Collection, Use and Retention of Your Information
We may collect, use and retain nonpublic personal information about users of our website. More specifically, we collect the following nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information received as provided by users on an application or other forms, such as name, contact information, social security numbers, answers to security and authentication questions, date of birth, driver’s license or state identification number, employment information, assets and liabilities, expenses, and income;
- Information regarding transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as balance, payment history, and parties to transactions;
- Information received during your internet session on our website, such as cookies and your Internet Protocol address (IP address).
- When you request or authorize it;
- When the information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you or on your behalf;
- In order to service your loans or accounts;
- To respond to legal processes or requirements;
- To companies which perform services for us, such as check printing or electronic banking services;
- To our regulators, accountants, auditors and others who assist us in preventing fraud or losses.
To protect personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third-party providers to ensure personal information remains confidential and secure. In the event of a data breach, we provide timely notification, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We have implemented procedures to help ensure that your nonpublic personal information is maintained in a commercially reasonable manner so that it is accurate, current, and complete. We respond to reports of incorrect or incomplete nonpublic personal information that is within our control and will correct the information when we have confirmed that it is inaccurate, in a timely manner.
Changing Your Personally Identifiable Information
- You may change your email address for online banking and Online Bill pay by logging onto Online Banking.
- You may change any other information by contacting us directly at 800-848-1088 or by visiting a branch location.
Disclosure of Privacy Principles
If you are concerned about your financial privacy, would like to know more about this important subject matter, would like to make a complaint about this notice, or wish to obtain a copy of our Online Privacy Statement, you can contact us directly by phone at 1-800-848-1088or in writing to the following address:
P.O. Box 1200 MAC B-2N
Suisun City, CA 94585-1200
Web Browser Settings and Tracking
Westamerica and certain service providers operating on our behalf may collect information about your activity on the Services using cookies, web beacons, clear GIF, pixels, internet tags, and other similar tracking technologies. Industry standards are currently evolving regarding "do not track" settings in internet browsers and we may not respond to or take any action with respect to such a setting. Our website may track your activities while on our website. Unless you request or register with us for a service, we do not collect any personally identifiable information about you. In general, cookies are used for website analytics, and to help customize your website experience.
We may provide links to third-party sites not owned or controlled by Westamerica. If you follow links to sites not affiliated with, or controlled by Westamerica, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Services. Westamerica does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness or reliability of their information.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may provide additional rights to residents of California. To view our California Consumer Privacy Act Policy, go to www.westamerica.com/ccpa/.
Notification of Changes
We reserve the right to amend the Online Privacy Statement at any time. We will post and inform you of the revised Online Privacy Statement by noting at the top the latest revision date of the Statement. Any changes to this Online Privacy Statement will become effective upon the posting of the revised Online Privacy Statement on the website. By continuing to use the website following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Online Privacy Statement, as it may be amended from time to time, in whole or in part, please do not continue using this website.